How to apply for an account
You can apply for an account in branch or online
Apply for an account online
- Applying for an account online is easy. It takes about 20-30 minutes
- You can book a video appointment with a moment banker to verify documents you’ve submitted online
- Or you can post documents (certified originals only)
- Or you can choose ‘Postal journey’ when applying online and visit your branch with the required documents. A moment banker will take copies and add the information to your online application via your unique reference number
- If successful, you’ll receive your new account details by letter between five to seven working days1.
Apply for your account online.
Apply for an account in branch
- Visit your local branch to complete the account application with a moment banker
- Request to book a 45 minute appointment by calling your local branch
- You'll be called back within 24 hours confirming your appointment, or you can use our walk-in service
- Bring original documents for the identification and verification process, with details of your tax ID
- It may be possible to walk away with your new bank account details (sort code and account number), otherwise you will be notified by letter in five to seven working days1.
Visit us in branch today.